Hi everyone!!! I suck!!! Sorry for being MIA again! Work has me consumed! I never expected to love working with teens so much, since I always loved working with babies. If any of you have any cool things to do with teens please do share! If you are in the area, swing by The Newark Museum for our Teen Led Tours!
Quick costume ideas!!! Be a cute kitty and make your own ears or be a sugar skull.
- Felt or leather (I used crafting leather.)
- Hot glue gun
- Glitter pen
- Q-tips, brush or sponge
- Plastic headband
- Marker for tracing
For the sugar skill I googled images for inspiration and used my Makeup Forever Flash Palette. I used a little bit of eyeshadow to seal the makeup in place. Any shadow will do.
It’s been a loooooooooong time since I last wrote. I want to thank Sea Salt and Lemon for the nomination! My computer crapped out so this is my second time trying to post it lol
Here are the rules for the nomination:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you!
- Answer the questions the nominator has provided.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees and make sure to notify them.
Here are my answers:
- Of all the un-romanticized mythical and supernatural creatures, un-romanticized, whose life would you prefer to live? I would be Gaea. I love the idea of Mother Earth. In Quechua (in Ecuador) we call her Pacha Mama. She is both loving and wrathful.
- What was the most recent book you’ve read that you’d give a 5 star rating to? I would give Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun 5 stars! I love how she interlaces her stories with Nigerian history.
- What childhood superstition, if any, do you still believe in today? Do monsters in closets count as a superstition? Well, I make sure I always close my closet door. It freaks me out to sleep with the door even a little open!
- Describe yourself in three words. Charismatic, Intelligent and Smiley!
- What came first, the phoenix or the flame? Uhmmmmm, definately the flame!
- Choose one, the lion, the witch, or the wardrobe? The wardrobe, how cool to travel to a different place like that!
- What is your favorite thing about summer? The Beach 🙂
- What is the first thing you notice about a person? I notice a person’s eyes.
- What is your absolute favorite “bad,” or “guilty pleasure” film? My Big Fat Greek Wedding!
- What attracted you to blogging? I love talking to people and hearing other’s stories. Blogging was a great way to do this with people who share my interests. Plus, I am little camera shy – so vlogging hopefully will be the next step.
Questions for Nominees:
- If you had a time machine, where would you go right now?
- What is your happy place?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
- If you could go back in history, who would you meet?
- What gives you peace of mind?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Would you rather be a rock-star or a superhero?
- What have you learned today?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
Happy blogging darlings! Thanks again to Sea Salt and Lemon! She has an awesome DIY blog!
May is my birthday month and I am totally loving this month’s Ipsy bag! The makeup baggy is a beautiful canvas material with an awesome screen-printed design. As the summer quickly approaches, Ipsy has included a Jet setter postcard with a mini contest, take a snap shot of your Ipsy bag and post online to win a one year subscription (great way to bring in the summer with awesome goodies).
Don’t forget to post to enter to win!The products this month were amazing. They included Urban Decay’s Ozone lip pencil, a leave-in conditioner, gel eye pencil, a brush and matte moisturizer.I have used this lip pencil before and I am super excited I got it this month (I’m running low!). It prevents feathering and fills in all fine lines. Your lipstick and all you lip products look great. This product comes with two bonus lipglosses in two shade Failbait and Bittersweet. I didn’t open them as there is no way to reseal them.This mini moisturizer promises to control oil and shine. It is paraben free, dries matte and oil-free. It is very perfumed, smells like fruit. If you are sensitive to scents, I would not suggest this product. I have to admit that I am a makeup brush hoarder! I own over 100 brushes. So this brush is now the newest addition! Luxie brand sells items that you love, if an item starts trending they begin to carry it. This blending brush is coated with an antibacterial solution to minimize cleaning. It is also a vegan brush, they only use the best synthetic fibers – so cruelty free too! You are getting your money’s worth as each brush is worth about $12! Your Ipsy bag already paid for itself!!!!
I sprayed this in my hair today and I fell in love. I tend to love the smell of coconut, plus it made my hair super soft and not frizzy. I ran out of my house with wet hair, and often my hair will look like a big mess unless I blow dry it or use the flatiron. Everything this product promises, it delivered! Hydration, reduction of frizz and my hair is more manageable. Will be purchasing this item again!
After owning many black eyeliners, you know if you like a formula right away. This gel liner was good, not my favorite, but not bad either. It is not as dark and intense as I like my liner to be. It does glide on smoothly and I did have to use makeup remover to get it off my hand.
All in all, I absoluetly love this month’s bag! Check out Ipsy, if you already get a bag – let me know if you got different products and your thoughts.
I love going through Pinterest for ideas! However, they look great in theory – in practice sometimes not so much lol! I tried the three color nails with a white base coat and nail tape. I picked three colors that I thought were spring colors: Sally Hansen Kiwi Bikini and Blackberry Blast, along with Orly’s Purple Crush.
I started with OPI’s Nail Envy followed by two coats of Essie’s Blanc polish. Let us dry thoroughly (I got all excited and the tape lifted the nail polish). Section off your nails with the nail tape (you can also use scotch tape, cut in thin strips and place tape on the back of your hand so it is less tacky). I started filling in with the three colors. Practice makes perfect! Mine is a bit sloppy. I went over the areas twice and fixed any smudges with a thin nail art brush. Finish off by sealing your designs with Seche Vite top coat.
I am absolutely in love with the Marc Jacobs line of cosmetics! A full review of their eye liners and mascara will be coming up soon. Today I want to share with you this awesome nude lip pencil! The packaging is beautiful and super functional. I really like that it’s a pencil I can roll up the product, rather than having to sharpen it. No product is wasted! It comes in three shades including the one above called (NUDE)IST. It is a gel formula that is infused with collagen. I have really sensitive lips and I like that it isn’t tugging during application.
Price point is a bit high at $24, but totally worth it if you will use it everyday. Compared to drug store lip liners it is super high end, since you can get a great Rimmel lip liner with the same amount of product for $5. There is 0.01 oz of product in the lip pencil. It’s all about preference and your desired formula. The older I get the more I want cosmetics that will not sit in my pores, fine lines and that ultimately will do some heavy lifting – like the added benefits of collagen. I finished off my lips with a lipstick from Bite Beauty called Pepper! Also love Bite! Added some mascara and nude lips for work. Kisses!
A quick nail update! I’m trying to grow out my nails again and I’ve been taking Biotin supplements and using OPI’s Nail Envy strengtheners. You can find a supplement that works for you. I’m also using this one because it will help my hair and anything that helps collagen production I’m a sucker for! I have a few more supplement pills to go. I do see a difference in my hair and my nails. They are each stronger and not brittle. I have super thin hair, so this was a major concern! Same deal with my nails, they were always breaking. I will be purchasing another bottle of the supplements to continue on my journey for healthier hair and nails. You can find supplements like the one above at your local pharmacy. Make sure they don’t have too many filler ingredients. I love Essie polishes! This manicure was two coats of the Essie’s Too Taboo nail color. I started with the OPI nail strengthener, follow by the Seche Vite Base coat ridge filler. The Ridge filler helps the nail bed have a smooth canvas for the nail color. Those two coats dry super quickly. I then applied two coats of the nail color. Sealing everything with Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat. The prices on these vary between $5 – 10. Your best bet is to go to google and search the lowest prices.
Here are a few places with good deals: http://locobeauty.com/products/seche-vite-dry-fast-top-nail-coat-0-5-ounce
In my online journey, I love to stumble upon new finds! My friend has this awesome site http://www amway.com/ecexclusives. Now, I am the first to be skeptic about pyramid scheme projects. However, when something works it works. She stands behind a brand that has been around for many years and that focuses on everything from home goods to beauty items. Just wanted to share some of her awesome deals with you!